Friday, February 21, 2014

Our Baby's Engaged

Sorry for the quality for these photos, but what can I say... I'm having to get to know Sydney via text messaging and photos that they send. We're an International family. 

It's the best I've got. 

So our precious son moved to Nashville a year ago. It was one of the hardest things I've ever done sending him there all alone. 

By the sheer grace and faithfulness of God he was able to stay with BRSM grads that Clinton went to school with way back in 1999! 

Clinton flew back with him, helped him buy a car, and then drove with him to TN from TX, took him to his first job interview at Starbucks, got him registered in school, and helped him find his way around town.

They spend two wonderful weeks together.

Clinton boarded the plane knowing that Chase got the job and was settled in. We were now having to trust God big time... all of us. 



It wasn't long before we started hearing him talk about a girl named Sydney. She's a Christian, Mama.  They soon became good friends and Sydney's family took Chase in and loved on him and fed him. Oh God is good!



I remember saying, "Chase, be careful how much time you spend with this girl. You marry your best friend." That was no where in his head at the time. School and work and learning how to cope in America were taking all of his brain power.

Her family and her friendship were a very safe place for him being an MK that had spent more of his life in Thailand than in America. (we moved here when he was 9). They consistently loved on him, and read the Word with him, and encouraged him in the Lord.

On his 21st birthday, the whole family took him out for dinner and this is the picture he sent me. I remember thinking, "Just friends? It would be hard to be 'just' friends with a girl this cute!"




It wasn't long after, that he sent me a text with a picture attached. The text said, "Mamma, I'm in love."
The picture was the one below of her asleep on his shoulder. They were watching a movie at her house and she had fallen asleep with her head on his shoulder.

He text me this picture and said, "Mama, I'm in love."


To make a long story short. Chase asked her father if he could court her in August.

On Valentines Day, at an Ice Skating rink that they had all to themselves, he asked her to marry him! He had them play the song by Train called, Marry Me as he sang it to her.

My baby's getting married and God has given him a precious young woman in Sydney.  My heart is so full of the goodness of God.



Sydney, I don't know if you'll ever see this post or not but I just wanted to say to you, "Welcome to our family. We are so happy that God has brought you into our son's life. You are a treasure."


Love,
Amber~

1 comment:

  1. Aw, such a beautiful story! The song is so pretty and so is the ring on her finger! Love that you can see her skates! I hope you get to meet her in person soon! Oh, Amber, I still need to reply to your email! I just suddenly remembered you will be in the states! For the wedding?! :)

    ReplyDelete