Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Memorial Day- Big Welcoming Party for Us

My mother in law aka Nonnie and my Aunt Dee Ann planned a huge welcoming party on Memorial Day. This was the first time in 25 years to have both of our families together at one time. Some of you may be asking, "What about when you got married?" Well, our first wedding 25 years ago was very small at Granny's house and only Clinton's family and my mother were present. Our second wedding 15 years ago was a little bigger and we had a few family members from both sides and many of our church friends. 
So this was a very special occasion to have most of our families together to greet us and our children! We brought three new children with us that no one had ever met! What a special occasion!


Aunt Melissa holding Chandler for the very first time.

This day was so full of fun and talking with many people we hadn't seen in so long. Bang single handily took care of Cayden ALL DAY! He's so good with Cayden and Cayden loves him!

Bang feeding Cayden. 

Here's Granny again holding Chandler! This is the day she held him for an hour. She was so content to sit in that rocker and hold him. She has six of her own, 10 grand children, and 11 great grand children. She's held some babies in her day!                                                                     


Clinton's Aunt Cathy on the left and my Aunt Norma Jean, who came all the way from Dallas to see us. 


My cousin Jerry, who is more like my brother than cousin, holding Chandler for the first time. Chandler gifted him with a dirty diaper! hahaha I love this guy so much. When he left the party I cried knowing it would be a really long time before we saw each other again. It's so hard living overseas and only seeing family every two years or more. I find peace in knowing that God sees and cares about the sacrifices we've made to serve Him in Thailand and He's not a debtor to any man. 


I love the promise in Mark where Jesus says, "Assuradly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or father or mother..... for MY sake and the Gospel's who shall not receive 100 fold NOW IN THIS LIFE--- and in the life to come, eternal life. 

This is one of the scriptures that brought me comfort when we moved to Thailand and it still brings me comfort today. 


All of my cousins minus one. The first time for a picture like this in 25 years!
 My Aunt Norma Jean on the left and Aunt Dee Ann on the right. My mother had three sisters. One has passed away as well as my mother. My Aunt Dee Ann has been like a mother to me for many many years! I don't know what I'd do without her. I'm so grateful that God gave her to me. Aunt Norma Jean is the oldest of the four girls. She's 75! Can you believe that????? 
My two Aunts

I'm very sad to say that this is the only picture I have of my precious mother in law(back of her head)! Without her this day would not have been possible. She planned everything!! We love you so much Nonnie!! You're so special to us!!


 My brother-in-law Mike who is the hunter AND recently gave his life to Christ!! That's my pretty sister sitting next to him. We got to spend some special time together. So thankful!


The next post will be about Bang's citizenship! It's deserves a post all it's own!

love
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment