Monday, October 15, 2012

First Few Days in America

I won't even go into how ridiculous it is that it's been almost 3 months since I've written on my blog!!

Maybe one day, my dear friends, I'll be faithful at keeping up with this thing. The truth is, I think about blogging ALL THE TIME, but sitting down and putting words on paper is another thing. So sorry.

So much has happened in the last month and I want to share all of it with you, but it would take me hours and too many pictures to put it all in one post. SO! I'm going to start with one post chronicling our first few days in America.

We received a letter from the American government saying Bang had an interview and needed to be in America on September 4th. We only had three weeks  to get things in order.

Clinton surprised me with the shock of a lifetime telling me that he had secretly raised money for Chandler and I to make the trip with them!!! I almost fell on the floor and rolled around like a crazy woman, but instead I buried my head in his shirt and cried. It had been almost 4 years since I had visited the states. I had put it out of my mind thinking it wouldn't be for another two years when we're finished with Joseph's adoption that this would be possible.

So we began making plans, buying tickets, making appointments with the American Embassy for Bang's  visa, and appointments with the Consular services to get Chandler's passport and birth certificate. It was a crazy three weeks leading up to the departure date!

My first photo is of Bang standing at gate D4 heading out of Thailand. What an exciting day this was for him!! A very long time coming. Bang came to live with us when he was 11 and we arrived in America just 22 days before his 18th birthday. God is faithful even if His timing isn't always ours.




When we walked in Bev's house (my mother in law) she had two dozed red and white long stemmed Gladiolas arranged in vases all over the house. Gladiolas are my all time most favorite flower! Let's just say GORGEOUS!! But I'm SO sad that I didn't get one picture of them!! ;(


Here's our very jet lagged little boy. This is two days after we arrived. It's 11:30am and he still hasn't woken up. We're trying to get him up and dressed to meet his Great Grandmother for the very first time, our lovely Granny!


Sleepy Channy trying to figure all this out!! Twenty four hours of travel with this little guy in my arms was quite the ordeal. Let's just say we were attached. Now he's saying, "I just want to sleep can everyone just leave me alone!


Sleepy boys on Nonnie's bed. "Cayden please wake up! It's sun shining outside. It's time for lunch for heaven's sake. 


Here's our beautiful Granny. She's 90! Can you believe that??? There's my feet and legs in the background. Not sure what I'm doing with my fingers??


I just love the way the older generation always want to hold babies! Every time we saw Granny she wanted to hold him. One day she held him for over an hour!! I wish we could bring her back to Thailand with us. She's one of my favorite!! She has on a shirt we sent her from Thailand. ;)


The second day we went to my sisters house. You could just say it's a mini version of Toys R Us. Cayden had never seen so many toys in all of his life!!! He was in awe! He's still talking about Auntie's house to this day! Just today, he said, "Mommy, remember when were at Aunties house I played with the stroller!" Everyday there's talk about America and Auntie's house is always mentioned. All those toys put a mark on his memory for LIFE. 


 Oh! And did I mention that my sister's house is also an exhibit for wild animals?!? Her husband game hunts and she's gracious enough to put the animals he catches ALL OVER HER HOUSE! Let's just say she's a better woman than I. 


Day 4 and the boys still have very bad jet lag!! This is 12pm and they still haven't woken up from the night before!! Cayden actually has drool all over his cheek but you can't see it in this picture.


Here's our precious friend Connie who planned an amazing romantic "getaway" for Clinton and I. The day of the getaway, she had us meet her at a clothes shop where she bought me new clothes and three beautiful lounge sets. She also made appointments for me to get my toes and nails done, and have a massage. She had our room decorated with roses, chocolate, strawberries, sparkling grape juice, and ALL KINDS lotions and potions!! We were in awe of the love and generosity she showed us!


Our lovely room.


Baby Chandler was in tow for the getaway, but he was no trouble. I mean come on, look at that face!! How could you leave him behind??





Chocolate cover strawberries. Yum!





Did I mention she got us the nicest suite in Beaumont! I called it the Oprah suite! 


Look at the jacuzzi room!


These pictures cover the first week we were there.  More pictures to come!

Love you,
Amber

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome blog...I love Granny (aunt Doris to us) so much too! I wish we could visit her and all of the family more. Looking forward to part 2! Your babies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete