Friday, March 23, 2012

Our Baby Boy Turns 2!



It's hard to believe that Cayden Truth was born 2 years ago! What a special blessing from God he has been!! He's brought lots of joy, life, and patience into our lives. ; )

I thought I'd add some of the pictures from his birth and the first week of his life so I could reflect on God's handiwork.

Only a couple of hours old

One day old

A very tired mamma with her new baby

Joseph's been kissing this baby since he was in the womb

1 week old sleeping on daddy's lap

Now here HE is at 2 years old! My they grow so quickly! He's been sleeping with his hand on his face since the day he was born. I hope I never forget.


He had on white in this picture and the sheets were white and his precious cheeks are white....I couldn't resist!!

This baby is an angel from heaven


All he kept saying was, "Whoa! Look my hair! Awesome!" Daddy has put sunscreen on his fair head and this was the result! He liked it!!

He loved his hair
If you've never heard a two year old ask, "I play iPad?" You simply MUST!! It's the cutest thing EVER and we have a reeeeeally hard time resisting.

He knows how to play on the iPad! What?!?

Here are some pictures from Cayden's 2 year birthday party on March 17! 

These two are buds!!! Can you tell?? How they've both grown. 


The resemblance is uncanny! I've never had a child that looks THIS much like me! I LIKE it. 

Unfortunately, he got my strong will too....ugh! *being changed*


We spent Cayden's birthday at a place called the Funarium...FUN it IS!!! Sliding down slides, riding bikes or roller blades, climbing, jumping, playing in balls, basketball, punching bags! You name it they have it! 


Our very serious bike rider trying desperately to keep that darn helmet on.


Cayden still has the balls confused! He thinks the basket ball is a soccer ball. 

We're working on it. Okay!



The menu had a great variety of both Thai food and Western food. And it was GOOOD! 

Our Thai boy got Western food, but his Western Mamma and Daddy got Thai food.

hot dog and chips

nuggets and fries
 Yes, I know, I've been here waaay too long! The choices of Western food were endless, but what can I say, I went for the Green Curry with Chicken and a fried egg. And it was a gooood choice! Very good!! Not like the food you except at a children's play land.

Thais eat fried eggs with their rice. It's offered at every meal and can be a meal in itself as well.

When the funds are low, we too, opt for rice with a fried egg on top with a splash of fish sauce. YUM



This was Clinton's choice Pat Krapaw Moo (spicy stir fried pork with Thai Holy Basil leaves) AND a fried egg.


Bank had an egg omelet with pork over rice. You can't see the rice but it's there. 

They (we) eat this dish with catsup. Actually Thais eat catsup with EVERYthing...even pizza. And, for inquiring minds, we do too. ; )) 

Things that once seemed so strange are very normal to us now. 



Baby boy turns 2


Cheeese
Love
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment