Saturday, February 11, 2012

Just Go With It AND General Tso's Chicken

Seems the life of a pregnant woman is never certain.

I was so excited to enter into the second trimester thinking that my energy would come back. Although, I don't ever remember it coming back when pregnant with Cayden, i thought it will come back with this baby.

To my utter dismay, most days, I HAVE NO energy!

NONE!

Somedays, it's 11am and I'm still in pj's lying on the floor trying to motivate myself for the day ahead.

One day last week I told Clinton that I would be perfectly happy if he got me a hotel room for week and let me sleep! Of course, that's not practical and didn't happen, and when I said it Clinton looked at me, with a very strange look head cocked to the side....like "Are you serious??"

Lots of days this is how I feel, "Someone get me my blankey. I just need to sleeeeeeep!!"



THEN there are days when this gush of energy hit's me and I'm ready to plan my meals for the month, scratch my creative itch in the kitchen making things my pregnant palate dreams about, clean out the cabinets, closets, and the toy boxes.

Friday was an amazing day! I homeschooled Joseph, did some Tot school with Cayden, and started my dinner prep at 2pm!! On that day we had Spaghetti and Meatballs that I got from the The Pioneer Woman and it was delicious!!! I mean good! So good I called Colton and told him, "I made some meatballs that will make you cry. Hurry and come get some."

Then Saturday, I couldn't seem to do anything!! I stayed in my pi's ALL DAY LONG!

I teeter between feeling like a total looser OR giving into my "hormonal state" and throwing a big slumber party watching movies and eating pop corn and staying up late because I have an "excuse".

 Tuesday, we had another wonderful day. I got school done with Joe by 1am laid the baby down at 1:30, gathered my ingredients for dinner, took a little nap and began dinner prep at 5:20.

We had amazing Butter Chicken (an Indian dish), and I made homemade Naan Bread that I got from Indian Simmer. It was an amazing dinner. I felt so good and productive, and I don't even have a picture.

 Today as I type, it's 11:17 and all I've done is read my Bible dress my children, call my husband and tell him I love him, and eat breakfast.

SO I've decided to just GO WITH IT. Chill out, Amber!

Hey! I'm 40 and pregnant AGAIN! Need I remind anyone that this is my 7th pregnancy and fourth in the last three years!!  What do I except of myself?!? Right?? ahem

 Right!

For some of the good days this week, here are a few pictures. ; )  

Last night, I made General Tso's chicken and it was DELICIOUS!!! I found the recipe on You Tube a while back and after making it several times (it's quickly become a family favorite) have tweaked the recipe to our liking. Started cutting chicken at 5:20pm and we sat down to eat at 6:20! How's that for fast!



Amber's version:
4 chicken breasts (cut very small)
2 eggs
flour

Sauce:
five garlic cloves
five slices of ginger about an inch a piece
1c chicken stock
7Tbls sugar
1/3c vinager
1/4c Hoisen Sauce (heaping)
1/4c Sesame Oil
1T + 1tsp corn starch
1/4c low sodium dark soy sauce
Sesame seeds(optional)

Directions:
Cut chicken in small pieces.
Whisk egg and put chicken in the egg
Dredge in flour and deep fry in hot oil  in small batches @375F until golden brown
Drain on paper towel

In a mixing bowel whisk chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, hoisen sauce, sesame oil, corn starch, soy sauce. Set aside.
Slice garlic and ginger into thin slivers then sauté in oil over med low heat until you smell the aroma of the garlic and the ginger. (about a min)
Mix sauce ingredients in with garlic/ginger until bubbles form.
Quickly add the chicken and stir fry until well coated and the sauce thickens.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds

Serve with hot white rice! YUM!!


Last night we had Baked Potato Soup. Talk about easy AND good! This whole dinner was ready from start to finish in 45min!

I like that! I'm into easy.
Baked Potato Soup

Cheddar Biscuits like Red Lobster



And here's a picture of Mr. Garsee playing "Mr. Wolf, what time is it?" with Joseph and Cayden.  I have this picture because I was sitting on the porch, which means it was another good day. ; )

Mr. Wolf has caught the Little Pig

Now Clinton's the Little Pig and he's being Chased by Joseph the Wolf

Tell me about your day!

Love
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment